9 Teeth Whitening Foods
As a Dallas cosmetic dentistry office, we are often asked about how one can whiten their teeth naturally. While there are a couple different methods that we employ here in our office to whiten teeth, there are also a number of lifestyle changes you can make to try to whiten your teeth naturally. Here are some foods you can consume that work to whiten teeth in different ways!
- Celery & Carrots – These vegetables contain a good amount of water, stimulating production of saliva and helping to wash away bacteria that are on your teeth.
- Oranges – In moderation, these are good for your teeth. Due to their acidity, we do not recommend overindulging in oranges, however, an orange contains vitamin C, which is good for naturally whitening your teeth.
- Yogurt & Milk – The calcium in yogurt and milk not only helps to strengthen enamel, but also makes it whiter.
- Apples – The crunchiness of apples increases production of saliva, thereby washing away bacteria that cause both plaque and bad breath.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda works to bleach to your teeth, scrubbing off plaque and any teeth trains, hence it being present in a lot of different toothpastes.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is crunchy, so it will scrub your teeth, allowing for an almost unintentional brush.
- Cheese – Hard cheeses contain calcium, which help to strengthen enamel and surrounding gums.
- Pears – Pears are naturally crunchy, causing those eating them to chew more, thereby increasing saliva. This increased saliva production helps to wash away bacteria, naturally whitening your teeth.
- Water – Drinking still water can help remove foods or beverages in your mouth that have the ability to stain your teeth. Additionally, a large amount of water reduces bacteria in your mouth that can damage tooth enamel.
Guaranteed Teeth Whitening With Dallas Cosmetic Dentistry
If you are struggling with naturally whitening your teeth, consider cosmetic teeth whitening with Dr. Raymond Rodriguez! Our teeth whitening procedures can lighten your teeth anywhere from 3-8 shades. Contact us if you’d like to learn more about obtaining a sparkling, white smile.